1. Adams learned to talk at age 5.
2. The idea for Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy came about while Adams was actually hitchhiking.
3. If he hadn’t been a writer, he might have been a …
4. He was scared of Alice in Wonderland.
5. Adams was a great writer, but he didn’t really like writing.
6. Adams was not a member of Monty Python, but he was a great friend of the group.
7. Even after the radio show’s success, the first Hitchhiker book had a small advance.
8. Adams chose the name for Pink Floyd’s 1994 album, The Division Bell.
9. He once wore a rhino costume while he climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro.
10. The church service for his funeral was the first service to be live broadcast over the web by the BBC.
For more fascinating facts like these, download Neil Gaiman’s Don’t Panic: Douglas Adams & The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy.